January 24, 2008

The second first date ...

So where did I leave off ... March 5, 2006 - wow. I can't believe it's 2008, which means that it's almost two years since that day.

So March 5th, let's see, I had just moved in with some new roommates after my recovery from my surgery. One of which I was very good friends with in college, and the other two I was friendly with, but we ran in different circles. I was very happy living with them and very excited about my date. It was really one of the first times I had every been on a "date" if you will. Sure, I'd gone out with boys plenty, but usually it was much more casual. This day had been set for at least a week, and we were going to a fancy restaurant for restaurant week!! (where they have reduced priced menus at really nice places) I hadn't had a chance to look at the menu online since it was a Sunday and our internet was on the fritz. Craig was to pick me up at 7, and I got a phone call from him at about 4 in the afternoon. He sounded very nervous and concerned. I was scared he would have to cancel because he was working (he worked a LOT back then, a story for another day) but instead, I found out why he was so nervous.

"So have you looked at the menu online?" - Craig
"No, not yet, haven't gotten the chance, does it look good?" - me
"Umm. Kind of. Well I dont really know ... " - C
"What do you mean?" - me
"It's in French." - C
"hahahaha, oh goodness!" - me
"Ha, yeah, so I uhh, didn't realize that when I made the reservation and I can't read anything on the menu and I just thought I would check with you first. Because I know I can find something but I know you're kind of a picky eater and I didn't want you to get there and feel like you had to order and then hate it and then hate me for taking you there ..." - C, rambling
"No way! Can we cancel the reservations?" - me
"TOTALLY!" - C
"haha okay so where do you want to go instead?" - me
"Legal Sea Food sound good?" - C
"Perfect" - me

We ended up at legal seafood. We laughed. We joked. We ate really good food. We were sooo glad we didn't go to the fancy place. And a year later - when restaurant week came back, we went to Legal Seafood again, and this year, I'm sure that's the plan.

1 comment:

"Constance-1-M" said...

I love traditions ~ it took Hubs & I way too long to start our own!