February 5, 2008

He said in 2008!!!

Craig told me he would propose to me in 2008!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAY!

I haven't told anyone. I just can't hold it in anymore.

We had a really long talk over the weekend. I mean we've talked about getting married plenty of times. We talk about our future. We talk about kids. We talk about a lot of things. A lot of our friends are getting married. Well - a lot of his friends - he is one year older and a lot of his college friends are from Virginia so for some reason it seems like the southern kids are jumping on the wedding bandwagon a bit sooner then my Northeast friends.

Regardless - 5 weddings last summer and 6 coming this summer ... 2 more already for summer 2009 (yeah, I know, it's INSANE, feel free to imagine all the showers, bachelorette parties, bachelor parties, manicures, dresses, shoes, gifts, hotel rooms, flights, go ahead, add them up, it's enough to make a grown girl cry!)

Made me think - WHAT ABOUT US! We barely have enough time to see each other let alone get engaged or married! But, we were having a really great talk about life etc, and I finally just said to him "but what about us, when is it going to happen" and I said it, not really wanting an answer - because I want to be surprised, and he replied, "2008. How does that sound?" ... I did everything in my power to keep from squeeling - but I did anyway! I was so excited!!!!!

So here's my other secret. (And I promise I'm not the type of girl who has my entire wedding planned out!!) One thing I am pretty sure I want is a winter wedding. Mostly because I'm a brat (at least I admit it) and I want to be different from everyone else and their summer weddings!!

So let's say we get engaged in the latter part of 2008 (anytime after June) ... so that would leave winter 2009-2010 ... and then I was thinking to myself - "new years eve could be fun!" and then I looked at the calendar. The weekend after new years eve of that year -- that Saturday -- the date will be 01.02.2010 ... that's right people a palindrome. How COOL would that be?! I am already picturing the save the dates!

haha. Ok. I'll stop. But I am so excited!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO exciting! Winter weddings are GORGEOUS. Snow can screw with people's travel arrangements, though.

Constance the ninety-ninth said...

A palindrome - the date is yours and meant to be! (Except that it's so far away!) Talk about a wedding with something out of the ordinary.

Best of everything! C99

"Constance-1-M" said...

Oh but that is SOOOO far away!!!!

;) EEEEEEE!!

I'm done squealing now! but Constance is right - snow can screw with people's plans ~ best to have it in St Lucia or somewhere equally warm & ocean breezy!!

ConstanceTheHundredTwentyFifth said...

Hooray for you!!

PS
The view from your condo looks like Boston to me...my favorite city!